Featured Property206 Winber Drive, Richmond, VA 23224• 1,855 square feet • $225,000 •This charming home in close proximity to Reedy Creek & Forest Hill Park has everything you are
June 2021 Newsletter
Dated: June 7 2021
2821 E Grace Street Richmond, VA 23223
• 1,574 square feet • $475,000 •
Beautiful hardwoods, fresh paint, & all new plumbing and lighting fixtures throughout. Meticulously remodeled kitchen with new tile backsplash, stone countertops, custom cabinets, pantry, & new SS appliances.New roof, HVAC, and so much more, all in a dream location! The home you have been waiting for is here!
We're always happy to help our clients find the home of their dreams!
Here are our some of our recently sold listings!
Great work to our committed Clocktower Realty Group agents!
Clocktower By The Numbers
- Number of homes sold in May: 42
- Number of homes pended in May: 47
- Number of homes listed in May: 38
- Number of Clocktower agents: 65
What's Motivating People to Move Right Now
This year, Americans are moving for a variety of reasons. The health crisis has truly reshaped our lifestyles and our needs. According to the 2020 Annual National Movers Study: “For customers who cited COVID-19 as an influence on their move in 2020, the top reasons associated with COVID-19 were concerns for personal and family health and wellbeing (60%); desires to be closer to family (59%); 57% moved due to changes in employment status or work arrangement (including the ability to work remotely); and 53% desired a lifestyle change or improvement of quality of life.”
1. Working from Home- Remote work became the new norm, and for some, it’s persisting longer than initially expected. Many in the workforce today are discovering they don’t need to live so close to the office anymore and they can get more for their money if they move a little further outside the city limits. Apartment List notes: “The COVID pandemic has sparked a rebound in residential migration: survey data suggest that 16 percent of American workers moved between April 2020 and April 2021, up from 14 percent in 2019 and the first increase in migration in over a decade... One of the major drivers in this trend is remote work, which expanded greatly in response to COVID and will remain prevalent even after the pandemic wanes. No longer tethered to a physical job site, remote workers were 53 percent more likely to move this past year than on-site workers.”
2. Room for Fitness & Activities- Staying healthy and active is a top priority for many Americans, and dreams of having space for a home gym are growing stronger. A recent survey of 4,538 active adults from 122 countries noted the three fastest-growing fitness trends amongst active adults:
- At-home fitness equipment (up 50%)
- Personal trainers/nutritionists (up 48%)
- Online fitness courses, classes, and subscriptions (up 17%)
3. Outdoor Space- Better Homes & Gardens recently released the outdoor living trends for this year, and three of them are:
- Outdoor Kitchens: 60% of homeowners are looking to add outdoor kitchens.
- Edible Garden: Millions of people began gardening during the pandemic . . . to supplement pantries with homegrown fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
- Secluded Spaces: As outdoor activity increases, so does the need for privacy.
You may not, however, currently have the space you need for these designated areas – inside or out.
Bottom Line: If you’re clamoring for more room to accommodate your changing needs, making a move may be your best bet, especially while you can take advantage of today’s low mortgage rates. It’s a great time to get more home for your money, just when you need it most. Source: KCM Blog
Things To Do in RVA: Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival
RICHMOND’s BIGGEST, BADDEST, BONE-IN, BBQ fest is back for more on Saturday, June 12, 2021 from 12pm-6pm! This 12th annual affair offers up all those pleasures that true Southerners live by – beer, bourbon, barbecue, boots, bacon, biscuits, bluegrass, and smoked beasts! It’s a great day of beer sippin’, bourbon tastin’, music listenin’, cigar smokin’, and barbecue eatin’. Your admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an ALL-YOU-CARE- TO-TASTE sampling of beer and bourbon & a VIP ticket adds on a delicious bbq plate! For more info, visit: https://richmond.beerandbourbon.com.